I hope you have all been out enjoying the weather and avoiding the horse flies. I was at the clear round jumping on Friday evening and we were all comparing bites!
Kate and I took Gem and Sauber to the beach on Monday, it was fantastic! Gem and I also joined in the musical ride training the week before. The next one is on Sunday 21st and I suggest you go along if you have some spare time, it is such fun, and Gem loves it.
We have our ever popular Summer Dressage League on Friday. Gem is having the day off so I have been promoted to steward! Camp is fast approaching, closely followed by a weather front the size of Australia – just kidding (insert prayer here) I have also booked a junior rally on the 12th August, all juniors are welcome and they are welcome to bring along a well behaved adult!
Any help you can give is very gratefully received, it was particularly noticeable at the clear round jumping – a case of very many hands do make light work and remember; everyone has promised on their membership form to help out at one event each year. I look forward to hearing from you!
1. Musical Ride Training - The next session is Sunday 21st July 11am @ The Paddocks, £5 per session. For details contact Kate- firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Training –
· FLAT WORK TRAINING WITH KAREN COURT BHSII, RDGAI at 'Paddocks' on Saturday mornings. From 10am. £20 per session. 27th July
No more than 3 members in each session. Please contact Deana via text 07841012410 or email email@example.com to book your place. Cancellation policy below to save any confusion
· CROSS COUNTRY TRAINING WITH NIKKI LUMB BHSAI @ Pontispool on Sunday 1st September at 2.30 pm. More details to follow. Please contact Deana firstname.lastname@example.org
NatWest – sort code 60-23-05, account no; 74506439
Blackdown Hills Riding Club
Please state your surname and ‘training’
Training cancellation policy
· Full payment is required to confirm your place, and must be received 1 week before the rally date please.
· Later entries will be accepted if space allows.
· Payments via bacs or cheque posted to organiser.
There will be NO refunds for withdrawals unless the space is filled from a waiting list or late entry.
3. Clear Round Jumping – (9th August) We need some help setting up, also taking money and putting away at the end of the evening. Please contact Tricia if you can give a few hours help – I promise cake!
4. Juniors – the next junior rally will be Monday 12th August at Greenacres Farm by kind permission of Sylvia Paine. 11.00 – 12.00 noon. £5 either with your pony or on foot. The first part will be a practical side saddle talk and demonstration and the mounted part will be musical Ride training with Kate Hopper BHSAI. Contact Tricia to book your place. Drinks and cakes will also be provided!
5. Summer Dressage League – (Friday evenings at Paddocks) July 19th. August 23rd. Schedule is out, entries are being taken.
Results Friday 21st June 2019
Class 1 – Class 1. BD Walk Trot Intro A
1st - Lucy Marsden Liberty Rules #6 points
2nd - Cary Collett Crocksley Jaz #5
3rd - Zayna Small Libby #4 (Junior)
4th - Leia Bower Nibeley Zeus #3
5th - Jacqui Cottenham Chilli #2
6th - Gracie Sneddon Flojo #1 (Junior)
Class 2 – Prelim 7 (2002 rev 2016)
1st - Sara Jane Ambridge Mr P #6 points
2nd - Jill Perrior Grace #5
3rd - Georgina Palfrey Pushy Lady #4
Class 3 – Prelim 12
1st - Sara Jane Ambridge Mr P #6 points
2nd - Sue Millington Bella #5
3rd - Jill Perrior Grace#4
4th - Georgina Palfrey Pushy Lady #3
6. Summer Camp – 2nd – 4th August at Paddocks. We have various activities on during the week-end. The Saturday lecture/demonstration will be PRACTICAL HORSE AGILITY WITH KATE HOPPER and the Sunday one will be CHOOSING MUSIC SUITABLE FOR YOUR HORSES PACES WITH KAREN COURT. Please bring a spare chair or two.
REMEMBER TO BRING YOU HORSES’ PASSPORTS!
MEMBERS ONLY DRESSAGE COMPETITION
Sunday 4th August at Paddocks
Open to ALL BHRC members - £8.00 per entry - Intro A or Prelim 12.
Entries can be emailed to Tricia.
Times between 2.00 pm – 3.30 pm
(Members attending camp do not pay)
7. “Have-a-go” Dressage 2 Music competition – Saturday 31st August at Paddocks. Aimed primarily at combinations that have never been confident enough to enter a D2M class before, it will also be a good practise for anyone wanting to enter Strictly D2M at the end of September. Schedule below.
8. Showing and turn out clinic - with Jill Perrior Sunday 15th September. At Newtown Farm. More details to follow next month.
9. Strictly Dressage-2-Music – Sunday 29th September at Conquest Farm. Schedule is out.
10. Autumn Showing Show – Sunday 6th October at Heazle. Schedule to follow but similar to previous years
Blackdown Hills Riding Club follow the guidelines / rules as set by the specific venues that we use to hold our events. These guidelines may vary from one venue to another. In the interest of the health of your horse and the possibility of you being able to compete, it is advisable that you have your horses inoculated against equine flu. Please check each venue’s website for their update on their ruling.
Chairwoman – Kate Hopper, Pleasant House, Clayhidon, Cullompton, Devon.
EX16 3TS. 07707815610 email@example.com
Secretary – Tricia Budd, 24, Newlands Grove, Ruishton, Taunton, Somerset.
TA3 5JJ. 01823 442597 firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer – Deana Rowland, Coombe Hill House, Symonsburrow, Hemyock, Devon. EX16 3XA. 01823 680021 email@example.com